Senior Staff Accountant
Do you want to be a part of a community where you experience the power of collaboration? Are you feeling stagnant and not challenged enough in your current role? Looking for a more rewarding career where you can make a difference in the community? Then let us tell you about Children's Bureau.
We are a private, nonprofit organization in preventing child abuse and neglect in treating children and families within the community. Through prevention, treatment, and advocacy, our innovative comprehensive services help thousands of at-risk children and parents within the Los Angeles and Orange County areas.
Here at Children's Bureau, we stand by building an inclusive and equitable working environment. We believe everyone here within the organization enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world.
What is in it for you at Children's Bureau:
- Excellent benefits that include, medical, vision, dental, 401(k), life insurance, pet insurance, and a Flexible Spending Account.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program.
- 13 paid wellness days and 11 paid holidays per year.
- Selfcare, which includes optional weekly stretch and meditation for all staff.
- Employee engagement events that range from dance parties, Trivia, and Bingo.
- An extensive health wellness program provided to all staff to help better you personally and professionally.
- A culture that cultivates learning and promotes growth and development.
- TIROC - Trauma Informed Resilience Oriented Care (TIROC).
- DEI - Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, which includes a DEI Book Club.
Why Work At Children's Bureau?
Children's Bureau of Southern CA proudly is committed and supportive of complete pay transparency.
The position of Senior Staff Accountant will pay $80,000 annually.
Must have Covid-19 Vaccine and Booster.
Learn more about your job:
Under the supervision of the Director of Finance, the Senior Staff Accountant will serve as the lead on all aspects of accounting operations including accounts receivable/payable, account reconciliations, and maintaining strong financial controls in accordance with GAAP.
The Senior Staff Accountant will supervise the Accounts Payable Lead and the Staff Account. The Senior Staff Accountant will help the team develop and maintain efficient and effective accounting and financial management infrastructure including policies, processes, procedures and internal controls.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and reconcile various balance sheet accounts such as cash, investments, fixed assets and others on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly journal entries.
- Participate in the month-end close.
- Responsible for monthly reconciliations of Foster Care accounts receivable as well as manage the DCFS invoices and retro payments.
- Complete DCFS Covina-71 as needed and investigate and resolve overpayment balances.
- Serve as liaison between DCFS and Children's Bureau with respect to AR related matters.
- Reconcile Employee Receivables account and resolve delinquent accounts.
- Lead the implementation of the AR module and AR process improvements.
- Act as the back-up for all accounts payable and accounts receivable needs and general accounting responsibilities
- Assist with audits throughout the year.
- Complete annual Welfare Exemption Forms
- Complete annual Census
- Responsible for annual 1099 filing
- Assist with other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality in matters of agency operations, personnel and clients.
- Maintain positive communications with all agency staff, clients and visitors.
- Exercises good judgment in performance of duties and responsibilities
- Support existing agency policies, principles and mission
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 5 years of accounting experience required
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Must have 2 years experience in a supervisor or managerial role
- Strong proficiency in Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.